7/20/15

Happy Birthday...

My Favorite Things has a new set this month called Party Patterns.  I love the simple shapes and the little details included in this set.  I wanted to make a bold background but then I wanted to tone it down with a little vellum.  

July 2015 MFT

I stamped the circles in these Premium Dye colors:

Wild Cherry
Orange Zest
Lemon Drop
Sour Apple
Lush Lagoon

I die cut the card front, as well as the vellum cover, with the large stitched die from Blueprints 25.  I wanted to let the color show through so I attached the vellum cover with one staple at the top, and hid that by using this tiny (very adorable) bow die.  I die cut the brushstroke sentiment and attached it to the vellum and then covered it all in Glossy Accents.  

July 2015 MFT

Here is a shot of all those fun Premium Dye ink colors....

July 2015 MFT

So glad you stopped by today!  Hope you have a great week!  




6 comments:

  1. Love the vellum overlay Laurie, this is pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun, Laurie! Love those bright happy colorful dots and the big bold sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is better with a little slip of vellum, Laurie - well in my mind anyway - just lovely!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how the vellum softens that fun pattern and the glossy accents on the sentiment look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this card! I want to marry it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS